The Devon Elevation Fund (Round 2) is now Closed to new applications.
It is unlikely that this fund will now reopen, but if you would like to be added to our waiting list should it reopen at a future date please email firstname.lastname@example.org or if there are other opportunities that may be of interest to you, please JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Further Help and Support - Geographic Area Local support organisation contact details
- Torridge - North Devon+ - email@example.com
- West Devon - The DR Company - firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your continued interest in this fund.
The project is being delivered locally by Devon County Council, North Devon+, The Diverse Regeneration Company CiC and Business Information Point.
The UK Community Renewal Fund is a UK Government programme for 2021/22. This aims to support people and communities most in need across the UK to pilot programmes and new approaches to prepare for the UK Shared Prosperity Fund. It invests in skills, community and place, local business, and supporting people into employment. For more information, click here
QUEEN’S AWARD FOR ENTERPRISE
The Queen’s Award for Enterprise is unique and highly prestigious since it is awarded by the Queen and presented by the Lord-Lieutenant (who is her Majesty’s personal representative in the County) on the recommendation of an independent panel which has scrutinised each application.
There are many benefits from winning this Award both immediate and longer term as previous winners testify. It recognises the achievements of a company and is a great boost to the morale of all staff within the organisation. In addition, customers and trading partners acknowledge the Award signifies excellence and so it builds confidence in their relationship with the company. Access to new customers and new markets often flow from such a prestigious endorsement, as Queen’s Awards for Enterprise are recognised globally.
Currently, despite Devon being one of the largest counties in the UK, the number of Devon companies applying for and winning an award compared with the rest of the UK is low. In the past 20 years, over 2500 UK companies have won a Queen’s Award for Enterprise, but less than 20 of these were Devon companies. In 2022, 5 Devon companies won awards, our best ever year, but there were only 13 completed applications from the 44,000 VAT registered businesses in Devon – surely there are more worthy Devon winners to be found!
For this reason, the Lord Lieutenant is behind this initiative to encourage more companies to apply for and win Queen’s Awards to raise their national profile and that of Devon.
• There are now four distinct categories of Queen’s Award for Enterprise – International Trade, Innovation, Sustainable Development and Promoting Opportunity. The categories of Innovation and International Trade have more specific application criteria, whereas Sustainable Development and Promoting Opportunity (through social mobility) apply to a wider range of businesses.
• Any company, large or small, can apply from any sector trading in regional, national or international markets as long as it is a self-contained enterprise based in the UK, files tax returns with HMRC and has at least 2 full time equivalent employees.
• Past applicants consistently say that just the process of applying was really helpful in making them think strategically about their business. Good quality feedback is given to those who do not succeed so that often a Company that fails one year comes back the following year and wins.
• Applications for the 2023 Awards opened in early May 2022 and close at midday on 6th September 2022.
The awards are free to enter so there is nothing for you to lose, but lots to gain in applying for an Award, so please don’t hesitate to go to https://www.gov.uk/queens-awards-for-enterprise/how-to-apply and learn more about the process. If you wish to discuss it further or need any help, please do either contact the Lord-Lieutenant’s office or Dennis Nathanielsz, Award Manager, at the QAE office: email@example.com
Does your business need a boost? - The Business Boost Programme which is being launched across Northern Devon could help.
North Devon Council and Torridge District Council are delighted to announce that they will be working in partnership with North Devon+ to provide a comprehensive package of business support across the area aimed at businesses who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
This programme will support the “Restart” phase of the Northern Devon Road to Recovery strategy by “focusing on activity which can immediately seek to address the worst impacts of the COVID-19 crisis and support our economy as it emerges from lockdown, whether around reopening and reorienting business; supporting displaced employees; or providing initial assistance for places to reopen.”
This support package will provide businesses with free one to one business support tailored to the needs of their business to help them to recover and thrive and will include:
- Support to new entrepreneurs - Assisting individuals to explore self-employment and business start-up as a positive choice.
- Support business transformation and innovation - Supporting businesses to explore opportunities, innovate and transform themselves in the context of changed markets and environment - for survival, safe operating, and growth.
- Small grants for business support and development – As part of the support package businesses will be able to work alongside the business adviser to apply for a Small Business Support Grant (please check if funding is still available in your area).
The aims of this programme are to:
- Respond to the hardest hit sectors and support local needs
- Help small businesses to not just to survive, but to take the next step to thrive within a changed operating environment.
- Provide flexible support geared to the needs of individual businesses.
- Offer a programme that is inclusive and relevant to all businesses – a true ‘levelling up’ approach.
- Contribute directly to the recovery of the area in helping to create new jobs, new businesses, support businesses to develop new skills and ways of working and collaboration.
For more information on the programme and how to book your appointment please contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Business Boost, your name and contact details.