Devon Elevation Fund
New Funding – Devon Elevation Fund - launching January 2022
Be the first to know when it goes live
There is a new funding opportunity for businesses and community organisations across Devon starting in January 2022.
The Devon Elevation Fund will provide grants of between £2,500 and £25,000 for projects that help businesses and community organisations to do any of the following:
- Respond to the different trading environment resulting from COVID-19
- Plan for future growth and development
- Develop new products and services
- Improve infrastructure
- Assess the feasibility of future initiatives
The funding is mostly revenue, to buy in help, advice and expertise to achieve these objectives, and there may be an opportunity to include small items of equipment in support of this. This funding cannot be used to pay for your own staff time or for your running costs.
For grants above £5,000 you will also need to make a contribution to the costs of the project.
Details of this new fund will be available from January 2022.
To benefit from this opportunity, you will have to be quick as the money must all be spent by June 2022.
The Devon Elevation Fund is led by Devon County Council, in partnership with The DR Company and Business Information Point. It is funded by the UK Government through the UK Community Renewal Fund, which is managed within Devon by Devon County Council.
‘The UK Community Renewal Fund is a UK Government programme for 2021/22. This aims to support people and communities most in need across the UK, to pilot programmes and new approaches to build community resilience and prepare for the UK Shared Prosperity Fund. It invests in skills, community and place, local business, and supporting people into employment. For more information, visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/uk-community-renewal-fund- prospectus’
Does your business need a boost? - The Business Boost Programme which is being launched across Northern Devon could help.
North Devon Council and Torridge District Council are delighted to announce that they will be working in partnership with North Devon+ to provide a comprehensive package of business support across the area aimed at businesses who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
This programme will support the “Restart” phase of the Northern Devon Road to Recovery strategy by “focusing on activity which can immediately seek to address the worst impacts of the COVID-19 crisis and support our economy as it emerges from lockdown, whether around reopening and reorienting business; supporting displaced employees; or providing initial assistance for places to reopen.”
This support package will provide businesses with free one to one business support tailored to the needs of their business to help them to recover and thrive and will include:
- Support to new entrepreneurs - Assisting individuals to explore self-employment and business start-up as a positive choice.
- Support business transformation and innovation - Supporting businesses to explore opportunities, innovate and transform themselves in the context of changed markets and environment - for survival, safe operating, and growth.
- Small grants for business support and development – As part of the support package businesses will be able to work alongside the business adviser to apply for a Small Business Support Grant.
The aims of this programme are to:
- Respond to the hardest hit sectors and support local needs
- Help small businesses to not just to survive, but to take the next step to thrive within a changed operating environment.
- Provide flexible support geared to the needs of individual businesses.
- Offer a programme that is inclusive and relevant to all businesses – a true ‘levelling up’ approach.
- Contribute directly to the recovery of the area in helping to create new jobs, new businesses, support businesses to develop new skills and ways of working and collaboration.
For more information on the programme and how to book your appointment please contact email@example.com quoting Business Boost, your name and contact details.